Notes From The Den 6-01-09
Lot‘s of new music for you:
- If you missed the live in studio electric concert from North Carolina band, BELOVED BINGE, you can now stream it at BlowUpRadio.com & LazlosDen.com
- New FREE MP3 from JONATHAN ANDREW. Download “here’s to the present” from Jonathan Andrew’s forthcoming EP, “arrivals & departures” at BlowUpRadio.com or LazlosDen.com
- You can now stream excerpts of the 2nd BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull (which featured John Raido and Matt Colligan), at BlowUpRadio.com
And great shows coming up:
- BlowUpRadio.com Free Concert Series @ Buddie’s Tavern, Saturday June 13th - Ghost Town Trilogy, Thomas Martin, and Jim Testa
- BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull - Sunday June 14th on BlowUpRadio.com - Paul Rosevear (Readymade Breakup), and Jay Mazeffect (The Break Evens, Private Iron)
Here’s the BlowUpRadio.com programming schedule:
Monday thru Friday at 8pm ET - Lazlo’s Den
New Music Tuesday this week will feature new music from Bob Marley & The Wailers, Pete Yorn, Dinner Music For The Gods, Jonathan Andrew, and more!
And don’t forget about our other shows on BlowUpRadio.com
Tuesday at 10pm ET - ‘Your Friends & Neighbors’ hosted by Tris McCall
Thursday at 10pm ET - ‘Rock N Roll Gas Station’ hosted by Jim Testa
If you want to hear my (Lazlo) random thoughts on music, playoff hockey, and other things, follow me on Twitter:
Download free music from BlowUpRadio.com or LazlosDen.com
Jonathan Andrew - “here’s to the present” song (new this week!)
Jon Dacks - “free to be” album
Jon Caspi, “this town” album
Gary Paul Hermus, "Xanadu From Outer Space" song
Woodfish, "Bamm Diddley" album.
Free music, now at www.BlowUpRadio.com or www.LazlosDen.com
Bands, if you'd like to put up a free download on BlowUpRadio.com or LazlosDen.com, please contact me.
My dad and I do not see eye to eye on a lot of things, but even I was surprised to find out that my dad is against gay marriage. I guess what bothered me most though was his reasoning for being against gay marriage.
According to my dad, gay marriage is not traditional, and therefore should not be allowed.
This has to be one of the weakest excuses I have ever heard for being against something.
Well, because there were lots of things in our past that were "traditions", and "the norm", that now are looked back on as appalling.
- a woman's place is in the home
- child/spouse abuse wasn't spoken about or dealt with
- drunk driving, and alcoholism
All of these things, and so many more, were once "traditional" ideas...the norm. Now we look back at these things with shame and embarrassment that we as humans could once think and act this way.
And one day we'll look back at my dad's (and other people's) ignorant argument that marriage between a man & a woman is the "traditional" or "normal" marriage with that same shame and embarrassment...hopefully soon.
If two consenting adults want to get married, how does it effect your life personally?
That's right, it doesn't. So get over it.
That's all for this week.
Thanks for reading.